Sat Subject Test Requirements
Schools vary in their SAT subject test requirements. Typically, selective schools tend to require them, while most schools in the country do not.
We did not find information that UT Austin requires SAT subject tests, and so most likely it does not. At least 6 months before applying, you should still doublecheck just to make sure, so you have enough time to take the test.
Rankings: The 75 Best Nursing Schools In Texas
For our 2021 rankings, the research team at Nursing Schools Almanac collected data on over 3,000 nursing schools and campuses throughout the United States. We evaluated each school on three dimensions:
- The institutions academic prestige and perceived value
- The breadth and depth of nursing programs offered
- Student success, particularly on the NCLEX licensure examination
We then combined these assessments into an overall score and ranked the schools accordingly. For a detailed description of our assessment methodology and dimension weights, please see here.
#1:University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston is located in the renowned Texas Medical Center. The School of Nursing offers bachelor of science in nursing , master of science in nursing , doctor of philosophy in nursing , and doctor of nursing practice degrees. UTHealth currently enrolls more than 1,000 nursing students, and it confers over 400 undergraduate and graduate nursing degrees annually. BSN students have earned a National Council Licensure Examination pass rate of 96% for the past decade.
Is The Ut Austin An Ivy League School
- UT Austin is considered to be a Public Ivya public university that provides an Ivy League collegiate experience at a public school price.
- A Public Ivy, it is a major center for academic research, with research expenditures exceeding $550 million for the 20142015 school year.
- UT Austin is committed to enhancing the quality of the educational experience our students deserve and works hard to address the financial burden students and their families assume.
- The university contains eighteen colleges and schools and one academic unit.
Read Also: Easiest Way To Get A Nursing Degree
Spring 2019 Ut Austin Admissions Results
Here are the Spring 2019 results and GPA. All students had strong resumes and great to outstanding essays. Spring admissions depends largely on the number of spaces available and can be less predictable than fall admission.
ADMIT 4.0 GPA | College of Natural Sciences/Public Health
ADMIT 4.0 | College of Liberal Arts/History
ADMIT 3.95 | College of Liberal Arts/IRG
ADMIT 3.8 | College of Natural Sciences/Mathematics
ADMIT 3.71 | College of Liberal Arts/HDO
ADMIT 3.71 | School of Education/Physical Culture and Sport
ADMIT 3.67 | College of Natural Sciences/Physics
DENY 3.59 | College of Liberal Arts/Rhetoric and Writing
DENY 3.58 | School of Education/Exercise Science
Spring 2020 Ut Austin Admissions Results
5 of 5 Spring 2019 clients gained admission . Spring only allows Natural Sciences, Liberal Arts, Education, and Social Work applicants.
ADMIT 4.0 | College of Liberal Arts/Economics
ADMIT 3.87 | College of Natural Sciences/Nutrition
ADMIT 3.65 | College of Liberal Arts/Sociology
ADMIT 3.65 | College of Liberal Arts/Geography
ADMIT 3.53 | College of Liberal Arts/Health and Society
Don’t Miss: Masters In Nursing Women’s Health
Student Debt Of Nursing Graduates With A Master’s Degree
At UT Austin, a typical nursing student working on their master’s degree borrrows about $58,492 in student loans. This is not favorable since the median amount of student debt for all nursing master’s graduates is $41,000.
Those master’s students from UT Austin on a 10-year student debt repayment plan end up paying a median amount of $682 per month.
When Are Decision Dates For The University Of Texas At Austin Transfer Applicants
If you applied to transfer to UT Austin on or before the reported deadlines then you should have your decision date by the notification dates in the below table.
Additionally, of the 1993 accepted transfer students, 1581 students enrolled – that means the yield was 79.33%.
UT Austin accepts 24 out of every 100 transfer applicants.
Recommended Reading: Nightingale School Of Nursing Acceptance Rate
Getting A License In Texas
Texas is part of the Enhanced Nursing Licensure Compact , so becoming an RN in Texas means youre also eligible to work as a nurse in 24 other states.
To become an RN, youll need to:
- Take and pass the NCLEX-RN
- Pass a criminal background check
- Apply to become a nurse in Texas
The NCLEX and application both cost money , but other than that there isnt much more to the application process. Earning your degree is the hard part, so its fitting that the rest isnt so bad!
Admission To The University
Admission and readmission of undergraduate students to the University is the responsibility of the director of admissions. Information about admission to the University is given in the General Information Catalog.
Admission to the Professional Sequence in Nursing
Application to the School of Nursing is made concurrently when applying to the University. Acceptance into the School of Nursing is based on the strength of the student’s academic background participation in extracurricular and work activities, especially related to community service and health care and the quality of the essay.
Read Also: Aspen University Masters In Nursing
Top 10 Best Nursing Schools In Texas
As one of the largest states in the nation, its only natural for Texas to be home to dozens of top-rate nursing schools.
To become a nurse in Texas, the best course of action is to earn a nursing degree from a local school. Earning a degree from an accredited Texas school will satisfy any prerequisites youll need to become a registered nurse in the Lone Star State. But not all nursing schools are the same, and youll want to be picking the right school for you.
Annual In-State Tuition: $12,040 | NCLEX Pass Rate: 96.03%
Based in Central Texas, the University of Texas at Austin places an emphasis on helping the local community. This philosophy is ground into their nursing programs and many nurses go on to work in these types of communities. The BSN program is the highlight of the University of Texas at Austins program, and the school admits that entry is highly competitive. Students should definitely apply to this school, but make sure you apply to others in Texas as well.
Annual Tuition: $33,927 | NCLEX Pass Rate: 100%
Annual Tuition: $51,570 | NCLEX Pass Rate: 95.16%
Annual In-state Tuition: $12,340 | NCLEX Pass Rate: 100%
Annual In-state Tuition: $10,700 | NCLEX Pass Rate: 94.38%
Fall 2020 Ut External Transfer Admissions Compared With Fall 2019
With UT receiving a record number of first-time freshman applications and admitting a record number of freshman on appeal, I anticipated this cycle to be competitive. UT recently released their official Fall 2019 transfer application statistics. As expected, that cycle admitted around 28% of their applicants, 2,137 students from students, 25% of the total 7,647 applications.
Fall 2018 was an insanely competitive cycle, only 21% of applicants gained admission. Although there were some applicants to competitive majors like CS, Engineering, and Business with 4.0s who did not get in this year, it seems all or almost all 4.0 students to other majors gained admission. For Fall 2018, many 4.0s across all majors got denied. 2017, by contrast, was much less competitive than in previous years, so it just goes to show how variable the competition level is for both fall and spring transfer admissions.
We wont have the official application and admissions numbers for a while for Fall 2020 transfer, but this cycle seemed slightly less competitive than 2019 and certainly from 2018. I anticipate an admissions rate around 30%. compared with 35-40% from Fall 2017 and before.
In this post, I provide a summary of admissions outcomes with recommendations for the future.
Recommended Reading: Methodist College Of Nursing Peoria
Ut Austin Nursing Bachelors Program
Of the 133 nursing students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree in 2019-2020 from UT Austin, about 8% were men and 92% were women.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from The University of Texas at Austin with a bachelor’s in nursing.
Victoria Campbell Slowinski 17
I graduation from Austin College in 2017 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Biology. I began Physician Assistant Studies in 2018 at Chatham University and am currently working through clinical rotations. My anticipated graduation and white coat ceremony is July 2020. Austin College provided me with an environment that not only welcomed but encouraged
Read Also: What Is The Best Way To Become A Nurse
Why The University Of Texas
- Location: Austin, Texas
- Campus Features: The Main Building’s tower stands 307 feet above UT Austin’s attractive 423-acre main campus. The university also has a large research campus in North Austin.
- Student/Faculty Ratio: 18:1
- Athletics: The Texas Longhorns compete in the NCAA Division I Big 12 Conference.
- Highlights: With over 50,000 students, UT Austin is one of the largest universities in the country. The school is an excellent value for in-state students, and McCombs is one of the best business schools for undergraduates. For its many strengths, UT Austin earned a place among the top Texas colleges, top South Central colleges, and top national public universities.
Other Data And Observations
The two most extensive samples of self-reported student data are on College Confidential and reddit.com/r/utaustin admissions. A word of caution: 1) not all students self-report their grades or even admissions decisions truthfully, and 2) there is no way to know the quality of their resume and essays as self-assessments are often wildly off base.
Nevertheless, these reservoirs of information could be useful if you want to dig a little deeper. I wont summarize any of the data here other than to say these self-reports helped me make my GPA recommendations to consider UT-Austin a match that I posted earlier here.
Fall 2020 transfer outcomes on College Confidential can be found starting on page 8.
The subreddit moderator team allowed students to report their outcomes on this open spreadsheet. You can view the /r/utaustinadmissions statistics and data here.
What stands out the most is that, with one or two notable exceptions, no students who earned less than a 3.5 GPA gained admission to UT for any major. Therefore, if youre applying with a lower GPA, UT should be considered a high reach. I suggest casting a wide net for your applications in any case as nobody is guaranteed UT external transfer admission.
Read Also: Litigating Nursing Home Abuse Cases
The University Of Texas At Austin Acceptance Rate
Founded in 1883, The University of Texas at Austin is one of the most selective universities in the region. As a bold, ambitious leader, it ranked among the biggest and best research universities in the United States. UT Austin is home to more than 51,000 students and 3,000 teaching faculty.
The University of Texas at Austin offers more than 100 undergraduate and 170 graduate degrees. It offers dozens of top-ranked programs with a proven record of success. It has more than 15 undergraduate programs and more than 40 graduate programs ranked in the top 10 nationally.
With 39.2% University of Texas at Austin acceptance rate, The University is a highly selective school in the United States. The institution has the nations eighth-largest single-campus enrollment, with over 50,000 undergraduate and graduate students and over 24,000 faculties and staff.
Important Considerations When Comparing Schools:
Super low tuition is tempting, but picking the cheapest school isnt necessarily the best thing to do. That being said, you should always keep factors like tuition into account.
Factors you should look at when comparing schools include:
- Annual tuition and total program cost
- Acceptance rate
- Length of the program
- Benefits of each specific nursing program
- Distance from home
- Distance from hospitals
- Scholarships or grants offered by the school
Also Check: Frontier Nursing Home St Charles Mo
Act Scores And Requirements
UT Austin requires that all applicants submit either SAT or ACT scores. During the 2018-19 admissions cycle, 54% of admitted students submitted ACT scores.
This admissions data tells us that most of UT Austin’s admitted students fall within the top 15% nationally on the ACT. The middle 50% of admitted students scored between 27 and 33, while 25% scored above 33 and 25% scored below 27.
Is The Ut Austin A Public Or Private School
- The University of Texas at Austin is a public research university and the flagship institution of the University of Texas System.
- The University of Texas at Austin is proud to be one of the worlds leading research universities.
- Its students and faculty are encouraged to explore and discover in the arts, humanities, and sciences and across disciplinary boundaries.
- UT researchers work to fight and treat diseases, devise solutions to global problems, address critically important social issues and improve the human condition in myriad ways.
- Through our many degree programs, youll have the opportunity to pursue your own path of learning while studying just about any subject you can think of.
Don’t Miss: What Courses Do You Take To Become A Nurse
Why You Should Care About The Nursing Programs Accreditation
You might not know much about accreditation, but its critical when looking at nursing schools. If a school doesnt have the right accreditation, you wont be eligible to take the NCLEX and become a registered nurse. Also, finding a job could prove to be much more difficult.
The two nursing accreditation organizations to look for are
Is The Ut Austin A Prestigious School
- The University of Texas at Austin, youll get one of the best values in public education.
- The depth and breadth in fields of study at The University of Texas at Austin can be dizzying, but its our size that will give you the room to challenge yourself as a scholar, artist, teacher, leader, and
- In this college, youll have the opportunity to pursue your own path of learning while studying just about any subject you can think of.
Also Check: Psychiatric And Mental Health Nursing
Spring And Fall 2019 Client Outcomes
I worked with 9 spring and 20 fall clients for 2019 with an average GPA of 3.8. 13 clients attend two-year colleges and 16 for four-year universities. I worked with one student seeking a second bachelors.
7 of 9 Spring 2019 clients gained admission . Spring only allows Natural Sciences, Liberal Arts, Education, and Social Work applicants.
University Of Texas At Austin School Of Nursing
The University of Texas at Austin is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools , the regional accrediting organization for eleven states in the southeastern United States, including Texas. The School of Nursing offers 4 degree programs, the BSN, MSN, DNP, and PhD. The baccalaureate degree in nursing and the masters degree in nursing are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education , One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, 202-887-6791.
Also Check: How Do I Become A Nurse Educator
What About Lvns And Paramedics
LVNs and paramedics must meet the same entrance requirements as an entering applicant. LVNs and paramedics will be required to attend school at least 3-4 days per week. See Transition Application Packet for more information on how to apply for the 12-month Transition Program.
To more learn about our nursing program please join us for a general information session held once a month. For information session dates and times, call 983-8168.
How Much Is Tuition At The Ut Austin
- The 2018 undergraduate tuition & fees of The University of Texas at Austin are $10,398 for Texas residents and $36,744 for out of State students and the 2018 graduate school tuition & fees are $11,490 for State residents and $22,178 for others.
- For the academic year 2017-2018, the undergraduate tuition & fees at The University of Texas at Austin is $10,398 for in-state and $36,744 for out-of-state students.
- The undergraduate 2018-2019 estimated tuition & fees at The University of Texas at Austin is $10,713 for in-state and $37,838 for out-of-state students.
Recommended Reading: What Is The Easiest Nursing School To Get Into
So You Want To Be A Health Care Provider
- Exploring Health Careers JanTerm courseThis course, designed primarily for freshmen, offers an in-depth exploration of various healthcare careers. Healthcare is a growing and complex field comprising numerous and varied professions beyond primary care and surgery. Through reading, discussion, collaborative work, and presentations by local practitioners, students will expand their understanding of healthcare and engage with difficult social, ethical, economic, scientific, and political issues facing the healthcare system today.
Advising begins your first week on campus and continues until you matriculate to professional school.
The Health Sciences program at Austin College provides advising and support for all students who are interested in applying to professional school in a healthcare field. We meet regularly with students, in both group and one-on-one settings, beginning in the first week of a students first semester.
During the application year, we offer workshops on: readiness evaluation the application process professional school interviews gap-year options and the personal statement. In addition, the Pre-Health committee will conduct mock interviews with students applying to professional programs. Advisors are experienced across all curricula.
Essential Skills For Nursing
Nurses must be able to demonstrate cognitive skills in critical thinking and logical/analytical thinking. Nurses must also have psychomotor skills, including fine motor dexterity, physical strength, coordination, and proper body mechanics. Observational skills are also required, such as the ability to hear within the normal decibel range, the ability to read English in regular to extra-fine print, and the ability to palpate/auscultate. Students must be able to demonstrate these skills, with or without reasonable accommodation. See HOOP 101, Disability Accommodation .
Also Check: Nursing Schools That Do Not Require Teas Test In Florida