Riverside Community College Nursing Program Review
Riverside Community College serves more than 19,000 students each semester. First established in 1916, it has become a landmark for downtown Riverside, and one of Californias leading community colleges.
Vocational Nursing Program
Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses are responsible for giving general care to patients with direction of a registered nurse, physician, or dentist. Students of the VN program will be trained to take patient vital signs, apply sterile dressings, assist with exams and treatment, and will receive patient health education.
Riverside Community College began its VN program in 1953. Students entering the VN program will attend either one year of full-time courses or two years of part time courses. This is a 51 credit program, and after completing the program, graduates are awarded a certificate and may take the National Council Licensure Examination to become licensed in California as a Vocational Nurse.
This program accepts 40-60 applicants in the Fall for the full-time program, and 30 in the part-time program. There is no waiting list for this program, and applicants that are not selected may reapply the following year.
Associate Degree Nursing/Registered Nursing
There are between 44 and 100 applicants accepted into the ADN program each Spring and Fall semester. There is no waiting list, and applicants that were not accepted are encouraged to reapply the following semester.
ADN Advanced Placement/Transfer/30 Unit Option
Is Financial Aid Available
Just as financial aid is available for students who attend traditional schools, online students are eligible for the same provided that the school they attend is accredited. Federal financial aid, aid on the state level, scholarships and grants are all available for those who seek them out. Heres what students need to know about financial aid for online schools.
Riverside City College School Of Nursing
The Vocational Nursing program at Riverside City College is approved by the Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians . It requires 12 months of full-time study and comprises of 51 units that students must cover to graduate. Students who successfully complete the units will be eligible to sit the NCLEX for Practical Nurses to obtain licensure as a Vocational Nurse in California. The program is open for admissions in the fall semester and admits 40 to 60 students.
- Submit a completed application between the first business day in February to the first business day of March.
- Complete the prerequisite courses with a grade C or above. Prerequisites include anatomy and physiology, nursing 55 A, and psychology.
- Provide official transcripts from an accredited high school or GED equivalent.
- Be at least 17 years of age.
- Complete a health exam and CPR certification.
- Demonstrate a clear background check and drug screen.
- Submit a CNA certificate.
Tuition costs $2,414 for in-state students. Students must pay for health services, parking, fees, books, physical exam and lab work, background check, and furnish their own uniforms.
- Address: 4800 Magnolia Ave., Riverside, CA 92506
- Phone: 951-222-8405
- NCLEX-PN Pass Rate: 95%
You May Like: Arizona State University Online Nursing
Bachelor Of Science In Nursing
Our Bachelor of Science in Nursing trains you to have a rewarding career as a 21st century registered nurse. We bring together sciences, humanities, & technology to enable you to address current and emerging health issues. We further equip you with leadership & communication skills to be part of or lead medical teams anywhere in the world.
83 Board Placers since 1977 We support you from the entrance up to the board exam through our Board Enhancement Program Computer-Aided Language Learning for communication skills Complete and Modern Facilities including Hospital Simulation and Virtual Laboratories
Riverside City College Lvn
SEIU Local 1000 continues to expand upward mobility opportunities for our members across the state. In early 2019, SEIU Local 1000s research efforts resulted in another $500,000 California Apprenticeship Initiative grant award. This grant is aimed at providing those who work or live in rural communities with career development opportunities which have been traditionally difficult for them to access due to availability and distance. SEIU Local 1000, in partnership with CCHCS and Riverside City College, is addressing this through the establishment of a third LVN-to-RN apprenticeship program, one based in Southern California.
We are excited to announce that we are again accepting applications for the RCC LVN-to-RN Apprenticeship Program. This application period will be open through October 6, 2021. Presently, this application period is open to LVNs working at one of the following institutions: California City Correctional Facility , California Correctional Institution , California Institution for Men , California Institution for Women , California State Prison Los Angeles County , California Rehabilitation Center , Chuckwalla Valley State Prison , Ironwood State Prison , Kern Valley State Prison , or Wasco State Prison .
LVN-to-RN Apprenticeship Application Information:
Recommended Reading: Masters Entry To Nursing Programs
Riverside College Of Health Careers
The Application Deadline for Fall 2022 is March 25, 2022!
- Provide students with quality health care education that results in the successful attainment of credentials that meet or exceed requirements to practice in a specific health care career.
- Prepare health care professionals who respond to the changing health care needs of Riverside Health System and other health care providers to care for patients and families in our communities.
- Prepare students to be lifelong learners with appreciation for continuing their education to include advanced degrees and additional certification.
Riverside College of Health Careers is certified to operate in the Commonwealth of Virginia by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia. The College is institutionally accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools. This institution is approved to offer GI Bill ® educational benefits by the Virginia State Approving Agency.
Riverside College of Health Careers has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide enrollment and degree verifications. The National Student Clearinghouse can be contacted at www.degreeverify.org.Resources:
Lpn To Rn Advanced Placement Option
Riverside College of Health Careers offers an advanced placement option for licensed practical nurses who want to become registered nurses. This option allows the LPN to advance place into the Professional Nursing Program by entering as a level two student. View our Nursing Program Philosophy.
Riverside is proud to offer:
- Full-time Day option consisting of three 16-week semesters in addition to specific college level prerequisite preadmission courses – occasional evening or weekend hours may be required
- Full-time Evening/Weekend option consisting of three 23- week semesters in addition to specific college level prerequisite preadmission courses – occasional day hours may be required
- Theoretical instruction integrated with laboratory simulations and clinical experience
- Hands-on clinical experience in our modern medical center and a variety of affiliated clinical sites
- Financial Aid for students who qualify
- Associated with Riverside Health System Career planning services for current students and alumni
- Anatomy and Physiology with Lab – 8 Credits*
- Microbiology with Lab – 4 Credits*
- English Composition – 3 Credits*
- Developmental Psychology – 3 Credits
*Applicants must have completed Chemistry, Anatomy & Physiology with Lab, Microbiology with Lab, and English Composition requirements before a formal application can be submitted and reviewed. Developmental Psychology must be completed prior to matriculation.
Preadmission Testing RequirementsSuggested Score: 66.1%
Also Check: Two Year Nursing Degree Programs
Associate Degree In Nursing
Students interested in the Associate Degree in Nursing program have three different academic pathways available depending on the eligibility of the applicant – Traditional , Concurrent Enrollment , and Advanced Placement . Please contact the School of Nursing for details.
Complete physical exam and immunizations.
Registration will be blocked for students with incomplete requirements.
Applicants who have all pre-Nursing coursework completed before they apply have a much greater chance of being accepted. Completion of general education courses is required for completion of Associate Degree in Nursing.
Already have a bachelors degree?
Applicants with a regionally accredited bachelors degree from the USA will have certain courses waived .
- General Education courses already completed will be waived.
- Courses Required: Science Prerequisites, Statistics, Psychology 9, English Composition, Speech and Sociology/Cultural Anthropology
Lvn Programs Riverside Ca
Licensed Vocational Nurses care for patients under the supervision of a Registered Nurse or Physician. Their patient-centered care includes assessing the patients physical, emotional, and spiritual needs and meeting those needs to support recovery and wellness. Vocational nurses work in a variety of health care settings, and the duties they perform depend on the facility. Theyre employed primarily in long-term care and hospitals, but they may also work in physicians offices, skilled nursing facilities, clinics, home health care agencies, and correctional facilities. Common duties include measuring vital signs and monitoring patients health, administering medications and injections, wound care, and observing patients and updating their charts. They may also be responsible for reporting concerns to registered nurses and other health care professionals, providing for patients comfort, maintaining a safe and secure environment to prevent injuries and promote health, and discussing treatment plans with patients and their families.
You May Like: Woodmont Nursing Home Fredericksburg Va
Listening To Workforce Needs
Graduates of Rockland Community College are provided with a clear path to meaningful careers that meet the needs of businesses and industry in the communities we serve. Our students are trained in specific skills that are needed by employers, and guided through a career path that leads directly to workforce opportunities. With affordable tuition, students who begin their college careers at RCC are ready to meet the demands of the real world.
College Level Placement In English And Mathematics
- Transfer credits: Students who wish to have credits evaluated should have all official college transcripts, from all previous colleges and universities attended, sent to: Rockland Community College, Records, 145 College Road, Suffern, NY, 10901. RCC accepts eTranscripts directly from participating colleges and universities. All college eTranscripts should be emailed to . Please do not send them to Nursing.
- Placement Exemptions: For information on placement exemption criteria, please go to sunyrockland.edu/admission/enrollment/placement-testing/
- Assessment Examinations : Students who do not receive placement exemption or transfer credit for English and/or Math must take an assessment test. A schedule of test dates and study information is available at sunyrockland.edu/admission/enrollment/placement-testing/accuplacer-schedule.
If the placement result for English is ESL, these courses must be successfully completed prior to applying to the Nursing Program.
Read Also: Adn Nursing Schools In Texas
Associate Of Science In Nursing
The City College Associate of Science in Nursing program is designed to give students the skills to act as first-level professional caregivers and vital members of a medical team. The 8 quarter program focuses on training students in fundamental medical procedures, but also teaches a holistic nursing approach, which treats the whole person from a mind, body and spirit perspective. Translation students can learn to provide more compassionate treatment by considering a number of factors.
Upon graduation and successful completion of the National Council Licensure Exam , students can seek employment at a variety of healthcare facilities, including hospitals, clinics, home health facilities, physicians offices, hospices and more.
Riverside City College School Of Nursing Son
Biola University is a private evangelical Christian university in La Mirada, California. It was founded in 1908 as the Bible Institute of Los Angeles. It has over 150 programs of study in nine schools offering bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees.
Also Check: Nursing School In Boca Raton Florida
Why Study Nursing
RCC Nursing Program graduates receive excellent preparation for NCLEX-RN with close to 100% pass rate. The Nursing Program may be completed in two years or students can attend part time and complete the program at their convenience. Nursing applications are accepted twice annually. Graduates can transfer almost anywhere to obtain their BSN degree. Additional advantages of RCCs Nursing program include: more affordable tuition as compared to four-year institutions, availability of scholarships, financial aid, full-time or part-time enrollment, day and/or evening courses and on-campus child care.
RCCs Nursing Program has been ranked by NursingProcess.org as #1 Best ADN Nursing Program in New York State. In addition, RCC Nursing has been ranked #6 by RegisteredNursing.org as 2020 Best ADN programs in New York State.