How To Pick A Nursing College Near Brooklyn New York
Selecting the best nursing program near Brooklyn NY may seem like a challenging endeavor, particularly if you arent sure what to look for in a good degree program. As you may already understand, to practice as a registered nurse, you must obtain the necessary education and training to become licensed. So it is essential that you study and determine the qualifications of each college you are contemplating before enrolling in your ultimate choice. The fact is, too many prospective students base their selection solely on the price of tuition and the nearness of the school. Choosing the least costly program or the one that is local to your residence is probably not the most ideal way to pick a nursing school. There are many crucial additional considerations to look into before you make a decision where to attend classes. But before we explore that checklist, lets first look at what the function of a registered nurse is in our health system, together with the nursing degree choices that are available.
Nursing Schools In New York
The entryway into the United States for many who visit or come to live, New York is a thriving state that features a population of well over 8 million people. It also boasts an economy that is even more impressive than its population. As a result, entry-level or veteran nurses seeking to further their education can easily do so by finding nursing schools in New York.
Because New York successfully thrives in terms of economic status the overall cost of living is well capable of being more than enough for someone with the nurses salary to live on in the state of New York.
In This Article
St Josephs College Brooklyn
St. Josephs College Brooklyn School of Nursing is located at 245 Clinton Avenue Brooklyn, New York. St. Josephs College Brooklyn was founded in 1906 by the Sisters of St. Joseph. It received its first permanent charter from the University of the State of New York in 1929. In 2015, St. Josephs College added a program for a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree. St. Josephs College Brooklyn now has nursing programs resulting in a Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree an MSN: Adult GerontologyClinical Nurse Specialist degree an MSN: Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner degree an MSN: Nursing Education degree, and an RN to BSN completion program.
- NCLEX RN Exam Pass Rate 89.66%
- Program Length 4 years
Don’t Miss: Do You Need College To Be A Nurse
Our Healthcare Job Placement Services
ASA College is a career-oriented school that guides students in developing practical knowledge and skills that are immediately applicable in the field. Were proud to offer extensive job placement services to all of our students, including our future nurses. The Career Services Department offers an array of services, including career-related workshops and events, resume preparation, mock job interviews, and job placement assistance.
In addition, we hold regularly scheduled graduate job fairs and networking events designed to help our students successfully launch and curate their careers. Students working toward a nursing degree are encouraged to take advantage of our healthcare job placement services.
Frequently Asked Questions And Answers
What are some popular services for nursing schools?
Some popular services for nursing schools include:
What are people saying about nursing schools in Brooklyn, NY?
This is a review for nursing schools in Brooklyn, NY:
“Nursing school is hard. No if ..buts.. or maybe. However I passed my NCLEX on The first try glory to God !!!During nursing school I was homeless, experienced death in my family , and so much more… God made a way… and with Gods help I never gave up. If I can do it you can too!That being said, I’m looking on returning to AMG for the LPN- RN bridge. This school extremely prepared me for my NCLEX. They will prepare you to pass on your first try.Like I said nursing school is hard. I give all my praise to the MOST HIGH, God.”
Also Check: Azusa Pacific University Masters In Nursing
Best Nursing Schools In Brooklyn Ny In 2020
Are you looking for some of the best nursing programs in NY? Are you thinking about sticking around Brooklyn to get started on the education you need to go far in your career? Consider finding a great nursing school in Brooklyn, NY. A career as a registered nurse is both challenging and satisfying and will provide a lucrative salary and great job security that will allow you to take financial and personal care of both you and your family. Also of great importance is the fact that the job outlook for registered nurses from 2018 to 2026 is the most promising of any career field and is expected to grow by 12%.
This rate of job growth is one of the highest projected rates of growth for any industry and is due to the aging baby boomer population and their increasing rates of diabetes mellitus, obesity, dementia, and cardiovascular diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. According to estimates by the Department of Labor, by 2025 there will be a shortage of at least 500,000 registered nurses. In addition, by 2022 there will be an estimated 1.05 million new job openings for registered nurses.
When choosing which nursing school is the best one for you, whether its an LPN nursing school in Brooklyn, NY, one of the nursing assistant schools in Brooklyn, NY, or a BSN program in New York, you should carefully consider the following when evaluating each school:
- The NCLEX-RN Exam Pass Rate
We made a list compiling the best accredited nursing schools in Brooklyn, NY.
Rn To Bsn Programs In Brooklyn Ny
Many ADN-educated nurses are considering returning to school to earn their BSN degree in order to earn a higher salary and open the door to additional job opportunities. Specially designed bridge programs are available with these RNs in mind. RN to BSN programs provide a pathway to a higher degree which takes into account prior coursework and clinical experience, resulting in shorter completion times and less expense for the student.
Also Check: Family Nurse Practitioner Programs Massachusetts
Entry Level Adn Bsn & Msn Programs In Brooklyn Ny
Entry-level nursing programs are designed to train students for their first professional jobs and to take the appropriate certification exams. The two most common entry-level programs are Associates Degree in Nursing and Bachelors Degree in Nursing . Both provide a foundational knowledge of nursing principles and practices, though a BSN degree is more in-depth and takes longer to complete than the ADN. Less common than the ADN and BSN degrees as an entry point to a career in nursing are direct-entry Master of Science in Nursing programs, which are designed for aspiring nurses who have earned their bachelors degree in another field.
Registered Nurse Job Duties
Registered nurses are the most significant occupation in the healthcare delivery system. RNs practice in many different Brooklyn NY medical settings, namely hospitals, family practices, outpatient clinics, nursing homes and even schools. Their primary job is to aid doctors in the care of their patients. However, the specific duties of a registered nurse will be dependent on their job or area of expertise in addition to where they work. A portion of the responsibilities of an RN may include:
- Providing medications
- Supervising LPNs, LVNs and nurse aides
- Instructing patients and their families
- Taking care of health records and charts
Nurses with a higher degree may have more high level job duties and accountabilities. Nurse practitioners , as an example, must hold a Masters Degree and normally work more independently than their RN counterparts. They can deliver primary or specialty care services, prescribe medications, and diagnose and treat common illnesses or injuries.
Recommended Reading: Doctor Of Nursing Practice Degree Programs
Nursing Options That Work For You
Whether you want to work directly with patients or to help advance nursing education, we likely have a program for you. Gain experience from some of Brooklyn’s top nursing instructors through hands-on teaching and research. There’s never been a better time to become a nurse, and never a better time to study nursing at SJC.
Overview Of Nursing Schools In New York
- There are 105 nursing schools in New York. The CCNE accredits 45 nursing schools and the ACEN accredits 73 schools in New York.
- On average, attending an RN program in New York will cost you between $4,227.00 and $34,268.00 per year.
- In New York, the average undergraduate student borrows between $4,725.00 and $14,000.00 per year.
- Typically, an Associate Degree in Nursing will take between 18 to 24 months to complete, and a Bachelor Degree in Nursing will take about 4 years to complete.
- The average, the NCLEX passing rate range for New York ADN students is between 37.63% and 98.24%.
- On average, the NCLEX passing rate range for New York BSN students is between 42.50% and 100.00%.
- The average annual salary for a registered nurse in New York is between $52,080 to $111,220 a year.
- Registered Nurses throughout the country and in New York can expect a favorable job growth of 15 percent from 2016 to 2026 which much faster than the average for all occupations.
You May Like: Accelerated Online Associate Nursing Programs
Choose The Right Rn College Near Brooklyn Ny
Deciding on the right registered nursing school is potentially the most critical phase to beginning a new career in the healthcare field. There are numerous factors that you need to consider when picking a nursing school. These aspects will be prioritized differently depending on your current career goals, lifestyle, and economic status. As we have pointed out in this content, it is important that you select an RN school and a degree program that are each accredited and have excellent reputations within the health care community. By utilizing our checklist of qualifying questions, you will be able to create a shortlist of schools to select from so that you can make your final selection. And with the appropriate degree and training, combined with your hard work and ambition to succeed, you can become a licensed RN in Brooklyn NY.
Serving Nursing Students From Brooklyn
Our Teterboro campus serves students from Brooklyn and the greater New York City metropolitan area.
Our nursing school offers:
- Modern classrooms including integrated iPad technology
- Clinical lab settings that help students gain familiarity with patient care
- Learning centers that facilitate group interaction and cooperative teaching modes
- Practicum opportunities at healthcare facilities in the North Jersey/NYC area
- Dedicated instructors and administrative staff from the NYC area
- Career and professional counseling throughout each nursing program to help students transition into the workplace
Don’t Miss: Butabika School Of Psychiatric Nursing
The Aas Nursing Degree At Our Nyc Campus
To earn your associates nursing degree at ASA College, you will need to complete 68 credits as follows:
- 43 credits in nursing
- 20 credits in general education
- 5 credits of core classes required by the college
When enrolled on a full-time basis, students can complete these credits in as few as 20 months. Our nursing program blends classroom instruction with hands-on experiences to give our students a solid base of nursing knowledge and the practical skills they will use on a daily basis while caring for patients. The rigorous curriculum is designed to thoroughly prepare future nurses to tackle the challenges of a 21st century healthcare system, with a focus on evidence-based research.
The Division of Nursing at ASA College features faculty members who are highly qualified in the nursing field and state-of-the-art facilities that are fully equipped with modern technology. In addition to classroom learning, students will use our simulation labs to learn how to manage both everyday situations and high-risk scenarios in the healthcare setting.
All nursing program students complete a series of clinical rotations held at hospitals in the New York City area. These clinical rotations allow our students to apply their newly acquired knowledge and skills in real-world situations.
Cuny New York City College Of Technology Address
* Cohort Year represents the year for which students began their studies and applies to Graduation and Transfer Out Rates at CUNY New York City College of Technology.** Net Price is Average Net Price for 2016-2017 generated for full-time beginning CUNY New York City College of Technology undergraduate students who were awarded grant or scholarship aid from federal, state or local governments, or the institution. For public institutions only students paying the in-state or in-district rate are included. For institutions that charge students by program, net price is generated for the institutions largest program.NA Graduation rate, transfer-out rate, and the net price are not applicable to institutions that do not have full-time, first-time degree-seeking undergraduate students in the applicable cohort year or the financial aid year.
TAGS: CUNY New York City College of Technology
Don’t Miss: Azusa Pacific Nurse Practitioner Program
Welcome To The Department Of Nursing
All full-time faculty in the Nursing Department serve as academic advisors to our students.
Students currently enrolled in AAS NUR courses should contact their lecture professors. Students currently in the BS program should speak to their lecture professors and the BS Coordinator. Please contact to request your advisor information.
Health care is one of the most rapidly expanding and dynamic industries in our nation and the nursing programs offered by the Nursing Department at New York City College of Technology, CUNY are two of the college’s most competitive offerings that help meet this trend. Early application is strongly recommended.
Thank you for your interest in our Nursing Degree Programs.
The New York City College of Technology, CUNY offers two nursing programs: the Associate in Applied Science Degree Program and the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree Program for Registered Nurses. Based on Watson’s Theory of Caring, both programs emphasize the knowledge and skills required to be a Registered Professional Nurse .
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree Program is for Registered Nurses who want to develop their critical thinking and research skills to become nurse leaders and managers. The RN-BS Program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing and is approved by the New York State Education Department.
For additional information about students and activities, see the department newsletter, Pulse.
Brooklyn Nursing Schools By Nclex Score
AMG School of Nursing
- Certificate in Practical Nursing: 95.8% NCLEX pass rate
SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University
- Accelerated Second Degree BSN: 91.9% NCLEX pass rate
- DNP: Family Nurse Practitioner
- DNP: Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner
- MSN: Family Nurse Practitioner
- MSN: Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner
- Post-Master’s Certificate: Family Nurse Practitioner
- Post-Master’s Certificate: Nursing Education
- Post-Master’s Certificate: Women’s Health Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Post-Master’s Doctor of Nursing Practice
- RN-to-BSN Degree Completion
New York City College of Technology
- Associate’s Degree in Nursing: 90.0% NCLEX pass rate
- RN-to-BSN Degree Completion
- Accelerated Second Degree BSN: 80.0% NCLEX pass rate
- Traditional Bachelor of Science in Nursing: 74.2% NCLEX pass rate
- RN-to-BSN Degree Completion
- Associate’s Degree in Nursing: 79.1% NCLEX pass rate
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing: 76.9% NCLEX pass rate
- Accelerated Second Degree BSN
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Post-Master’s Certificate: Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioner
- Post-Master’s Certificate: Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN-to-BSN Degree Completion
- Associate’s Degree in Nursing: 70.4% NCLEX pass rate
- Certificate in Practical Nursing: 69.6% NCLEX pass rate
- RN-to-BSN Degree Completion
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing: 69.9% NCLEX pass rate
- MSN: Adult-Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist
- MSN: Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- MSN: Nursing Education
St. Francis CollegeAccess Careers
Don’t Miss: College Of Dupage Nursing School
How To Select A Nursing College Near Brooklyn New York
Finding the right nursing school near Brooklyn NY may seem like a complex endeavor, particularly if you arent sure what to look for in a good degree program. As you may presently know, in order to practice as a registered nurse, you need to obtain the necessary education and training to become licensed. So it is essential that you study and determine the qualifications of each college you are considering before enrolling in your final choice. Unfortunately, too many potential students base their decision exclusively on the cost of tuition and the distance of the school. Going with the least costly program or the one that is closest to your residence is no doubt not the most ideal way to select a nursing program. There are a number of essential additional aspects to investigate before you make a decision where to attend classes. But before we examine that checklist, lets first cover what the function of a registered nurse is in our health system, along with the nursing degree alternatives that are offered.
Contact Asa College About Our Nursing Degree In Nyc
The nursing program at ASA College is accepting applications from students who are interested in a career that enables them to make a positive difference in the lives of others. Contact us today to learn more about studying to become a registered nurse at our school in New York City. Our welcoming and inclusive campuses offer extensive support to our students because your future is important to us. We look forward to helping you develop your own success story.
Don’t Miss: Is My Nursing School Accredited
Further Your Qualifications With The Rn To Bsn Program
It is not strictly mandatory for a registered nurse to obtain a bachelors degree an associates degree and licensure are all thats required to work as an RN. However, earning your bachelors degree will enhance your career qualifications and can allow you to pursue higher-level opportunities. It will also enable you to provide a higher quality of patient care. Furthermore, a bachelors degree is a stepping stone toward becoming an advanced practice registered nurse .
After earning your AAS and gaining some work experience in the field, you may decide to enroll in ASA Colleges RN to BSN program. This nursing program is offered at our Hialeah, Florida campus. However, nurses in New York may complete instructional coursework entirely online via our Blackboard Learning Management System. Hands-on learning experiences and clinical rotations may be completed via our NYC campuses. There is no need to physically reside in Florida.
The RN to BSN degree is designed especially for RNs who hold an associates degree in nursing. Its an accelerated course of study that builds upon your existing knowledge. This means that, unlike most bachelors degrees, the RN to BSN nursing degree does not require a full four years of study.