Ambulatory Care Nursing Procedures
AAACN Partners with Lippincott to Develop Ambulatory Nursing Procedures
AAACN has partnered with Wolters Kluwer/Lippincott Solutions to develop a new ambulatory care nursing category for Lippincott Procedures, the most widely deployed, web-based, point-of-care nursing application for the latest evidence-based practice information used in hospitals and other healthcare institutions.
Clinicians receive accurate, step-by-step guidance for more than 1,700 evidence-based procedures and is available as a group subscription to hospitals and other healthcare facilities.
Through our partnership, the first set of 25 ambulatory care nursing procedures written by AAACN members is now available in the Lippincott Procedures institutional software.
These procedures cover these topics:
The collaboration continues to review the 100 current ambulatory care nursing procedures, using experts culled from our membership.
These new procedures will help expand use of Lippincott Procedures in the growing area of outpatient healthcare and will make it more useful to nurses who practice in settings such as hospitals with outpatient services, ambulatory care centers, community-based settings, urgent care clinics, schools and workplaces.
If you would like to contribute your expertise to this project, please contact Lippincott Procedures Team Chair Heather Forbes at .
What Is Lippincott Procedures
Lippincott Procedures is AHSs primary evidence-based procedures reference, providing access to step-by-step guides for over 1,800 procedures and skills for a wide variety of nursing practice areas.
Want to learn a bit more about Lippincott Procedures? Register to join KRS in one of our regularly scheduled sessions.
Looking For Procedures For Your Ambulatory Care Practice
The American Academy of Ambulatory Care Nursing partners with Wolters Kluwer/Lippincott Solutions to develop and periodically review the ambulatory care nursing category for Lippincott Procedures. This resource is a web-based, point-of-care nursing application for the latest evidence-based practice information used in hospitals and now ambulatory care facilities.
The ambulatory care procedures expand the Lippincott Procedures suite in the growing area of outpatient healthcare. They are useful to nurses who practice in settings such as hospitals with outpatient services, ambulatory care centers, community-based settings, urgent care clinics, schools and workplaces.
Clinicians receive accurate, step-by-step guidance for more than 1,700 evidence-based procedures. This resource is available as a group subscription to hospitals and other ambulatory care facilities.
Don’t Miss: Easiest State To Get Nursing Degree
Introduction To Lippincott Procedures
Lippincott Procedures, which may also be accessed from within Lippincott Advisor, provides detailed descriptions of procedures in a program that allows users to identify the procedure they need quickly and easily. Users can scroll through an alphabetical list, browse by discipline, category, or subcategory, or perform a search to identify a particular procedure. Each entry provides complete instructions, including the equipment needed, preparation guidelines, implementation steps, special considerations, patient teaching information, documentation, and references. Video clips are included to clarify complex procedures. Each procedure is linked with at least one quick list. Quick lists provide a quick, less-detailed version of a procedure when only an overview is needed. Managers can use the program as an integrated system for assessing and tracking staff competency. Each procedure is linked with at least one skills checklist and a procedure test that allows managers to assess staff performance. Lippincott Procedures can be used as a reference source for staff and students and as a training management system to track skill competencies.
The Latest Evidence To Optimize Care
Lippincott Procedures® helps nursing and allied health staff achieve clinical excellence, with access to the latest evidence-based clinical information right at the point of care. As part of the Lippincott Solutions® suite, Lippincott Procedures gives nursing staff the guidance they need to mitigate risk, reduce variability of care and maintain consistent compliance.
You May Like: Online Schools For Nursing Pre Reqs
Here Is A Sample Of The 100 Ambulatory Care Procedures Available:
- 12-lead electrocardiogram , ambulatory care
- Allergy skin testing, ambulatory care
- Anaphylaxis emergency patient care, ambulatory care
- Biohazardous waste disposal, ambulatory care
- Blood pressure assessment, ambulatory care
- Cryotherapy , ambulatory care
- Depression screening, ambulatory care
- Digital rectal examination , ambulatory care
- Examination room cleaning and disinfection, ambulatory care
- Foreign body removal, skin and soft tissue , ambulatory care
- Hand-off communication, receiving from acute care, ambulatory care
- Health assessment, annual, pediatric , ambulatory care
- Immunization guidelines, ambulatory care and pediatrics
- Intramuscular injection, pediatric, ambulatory care
- Isolation precautions, ambulatory care
- Length measurement, infant or toddler younger than 24 months, ambulatory care
- Medication reconciliation, ambulatory care
- Personal protective equipment putting on, ambulatory care
- Point-of-care testing, blood glucose, ambulatory care
- Pulse assessment, ambulatory care
- Safe medication administration practices, ambulatory care
- Sexual assault or abuse, recognizing and reporting, ambulatory care
- Skin suture removal, ambulatory care
- Splint application, ambulatory care
- Sterilization of instruments using an autoclave, ambulatory care
- Suicide risk assessment, ambulatory care
- Transfer to an acute care facility, ambulatory care
- Traumatic abrasion wound care, ambulatory care
- Weight measurement, ambulatory care
Introduction To Lippincott Advisor
Lippincott Advisor is a collection of evidence-based content that provides practicing nurses with instant access to online references at the point of care. The program allows users to identify the information they need quickly and easily. Nurses can browse by topic or category, scroll through alphabetical lists of monographs, or perform a search to identify a particular monograph. Each entry includes extensive cross-reference hypertext links between and within content sets.
Recommended Reading: Nursing Programs In Jacksonville Fl
Users’ Guide To Lippincott Procedures
Lippincott Procedures provides:
- Detailed descriptions of over 1,700 procedures and skills in nursing, physical therapy and respiratory therapy,
- Complete instructions to perform a skills or procedure including: equipment, preparation guidelines, implementation steps, special considerations, patient teaching information, documentation, and references,
- Video clips and images to clarify complex procedures, and
- Quick lists provide a quick, less-detailed version of a procedure when only an overview is needed.
Hover over the hotspots below to learn more about how to use Lippincott Procedures:
Tip! Scroll down to the Related Procedures section to quickly bring up a list of shortcut links to other procedures.