When Youre Passionate About Healthcare Find Your Future With Us
Applications for the second start date of the Medical Assisting Quick Start program are currently being accepted. Classes start March 14, 2022.
Review the Admissions Requirements under your desired academic program. Check with your institutions Guidance Counselor to have the transcripts sent through official channels or send official, sealed high school and college transcripts and ACT/SAT scores to us at:
Good Samaritan College of Nursing and Health ScienceOffice of AdmissionsCincinnati, OH 45220
*No copies, faxed, or unofficial transcripts will be accepted.
Our admissions office is open weekdays from 8 am to 4:30 pm. . Or, email us at
- Official High School, Vocational School or GED Transcripts
- If Applicable, All Official College Transcripts
- Additional Program Requirements May Apply
Memorial College Of Nursing
– 40-year net present value: $1,295,000- 10-year net present value: $268,000- Graduation rate: not available- Median debt: $12,250
This school is now known as St. Peters College Hospital of Nursing. Students have the option of completing the two-year associate degree program as a full-time or part-time student.
Potomac State College Of West Virginia
– 40-year net present value: $1,065,000- 10-year net present value: $207,000- Graduation rate: 22%- Median debt: $14,771
Criminal justice and agriculture are popular majors at this West Virginia school, as well as liberal arts. Tuition-free study for an associate degree is available through the West Virginia Invests Grant Program.
You May Like: How To Get Into Nursing School With A Criminal Record
When Working In Healthcare Is Your Passion Find Your Future At Good Samaritan College
Whether you are seeking a nursing degree, hoping to become a certified Medical Assistant, or desire a solid education in Allied Health, you can find it here. Our graduates work across the healthcare spectrum in hospitals, labs, schools, humanitarian organizations, corporations, government entities, and more. Our alumni serve around the globe, taking with them a superior education and skill set that they learned at GSC.
When you graduate from Good Samaritan College, you will be ready and well prepared for your career in healthcare.
New Mexico Military Institute
– 40-year net present value: $956,000- 10-year net present value: $212,000- Graduation rate: 35%- Median debt: $5,500
Niche named this military institute the #1 community college in the country. Leadership, academic, and physical training options at the school contributed to this award. Students come from 36 states, two territories, and 33 other countries.
You may also like: Most conservative colleges in America
Recommended Reading: Best Associate Degree Nursing Schools
About Good Samaritan College Of Nursing & Health Science
Good Samaritan College of Nursing & Health Science is located in Cincinnati, OH. This school offers training in 5 qualifications, with the most reviewed qualifications being Certified Nursing Assistant , Registered Nurse and Associate’s Degree in Nursing. Time to complete this education training ranges from 1 month to 2 years depending on the qualification, with a median time to complete of 1 month. The cost to attend Good Samaritan College of Nursing & Health Science is $1,000. When asked how they paid for their training, most reviewers responded, “I received grants and/or scholarship funding”.
List Of Accredited Nursing Schools In Cincinnati Ohio
The Cincinnati metropolitan area is home to well over a dozen accredited nursing schools, offering a broad range of degree and certificate programs. Prospective students should carefully select the nursing role and corresponding education pathway that most appeals to them.Major nursing roles Cincinnati has three primary nursing roles: certified nursing assistant , licensed practical nurse , and registered nurse . CNAs provide basic quality-of-life care for sick, injured, and convalescent patients. LPNs have an expanded job scope that includes dressing wounds, collecting samples for routine laboratory tests, and monitoring vital signs. RNs play the most independent role, administrating critical patient care in close consultation with medical doctors.
Study optionsLocal career data
Find Online Colleges Near You
Online Program by Major
Online programs by major can help you find a program that is tailored to your specific needs and interests. Explore the different types of majors here!
Colleges by State
The school youre looking for is out there. Weve compiled this list of colleges by state to help narrow down your search and find the best one that fits all of your needs!
Colleges by City
If youre looking to find a college that will be the best for your needs and wants, weve compiled this list by city. This way its easier than ever before!
Accredited programs are a must for anyone who wants to pursue higher education. The following list will break down the types of accredits across different programs.
Find the Right Associates Degree for You
Choosing the right Associates Degree can be an overwhelming process. Fortunately, there are many degrees to choose from. Visit here to help you find the right one
Find the Right Bachelors Degree for You
Are you struggling to decide what bachelors degree is right for your college career? Check out our list of bachelors degrees here to help with your search.
Find the Right Masters Degree for You
If youre interested in a masters degree but arent sure what program is right for you, then dive into our extensive list. Well help you find which one might be best for you.
American Academy Mcallister Institute Of Funeral
– 40-year net present value: $1,013,000- 10-year net present value: $203,000- Graduation rate: 18%- Median debt: $6,850
Funeral service and mortuary science is the only degree path at this New York City institute, which has a strict two-year deadline for completion. One unusual thing about the school is its dress code, which bans jeans, sweats, and athletic wear.
You May Like: Direct Hire Nurses To Usa
North Hennepin Community College
– 40-year net present value: $937,000- 10-year net present value: $187,000- Graduation rate: 15%- Median debt: $8,625
Business, including accounting and bookkeeping, is the focus of many students at this college. Those who want to go on to a bachelors degree can complete their education without leaving the campus, via partnerships with several universities. Those programs include pathways to careers in health, engineering, and education.
– 40-year net present value: $939,000- 10-year net present value: $195,000- Graduation rate: 69%- Median debt: $10,000
Agricultural, engineering, and electrician training programs are available at this South Dakota school, and almost all graduates are working within six months. Credit for experiential learning is available to some students who have real-life work experience.
Pennsylvania College Of Health Sciences
– 40-year net present value: $1,229,000- 10-year net present value: $211,000- Graduation rate: 67%- Median debt: $13,677
Nursing and a number of other health-care specialist paths are available to students at this health science college, which offers programs ranging from certificates to associate and doctorate degrees. Hands-on experiences include simulations and clinical learning.
Become A Nurse Leader
Choose your starting point. Xaviers College of Nursing offers different tracks for the Master of Science in Nursing which includes Education, Forensics and Family Nurse Practitioner. Or choose the 20-month Direct Entry as Second Degree MIDAS program for those without an RN or BSN. Come back for the Doctor of Nursing Practice in Population Health Leadership offered fully online.
Alexandria Technical & Community College
– 40-year net present value: $907,000- 10-year net present value: $185,000- Graduation rate: 59%- Median debt: $8,251
Beyond technical programs including arts & design, transportation & mechanics, and law enforcement, this college offers transfer paths for four-year programs. Almost all98%have success in job placement after completing their program.
– 40-year net present value: $907,000- 10-year net present value: $186,000- Graduation rate: 39%- Median debt: $5,250
Diversity, safety, and student life are among the selling points at Las Positas College, located on the east side of the Bay Area. Beyond liberal arts courses, other programs include viticulture and winery technology, kinesiology, and fire service technology. The college awarded CARES Act $500 grants to help students with school expenses related to the pandemic.
Entry Level Adn Bsn & Msn Programs In Cincinnati Oh
Entry-level nursing programs are designed for those who have no prior registered nursing experience. High school graduates or those looking to make a career change can opt for programs such as the Associate’s Degree in Nursing , the Bachelor of Science in Nursing , or even an accelerated Master’s of Science in Nursing .
Culinary Institute Of America
– 40-year net present value: $950,000- 10-year net present value: $140,000- Graduation rate: 73%- Median debt: $12,000
Culinary Institute of America aka CIA is considered one of the top training options for the restaurant industry. Notable alumni include chefs, sommeliers, and hospitality managers. Students refer to the passionate, creative environment at the school.
– 40-year net present value: $950,000- 10-year net present value: $191,000- Graduation rate: 20%- Median debt: $13,000
Two-year programs at this school include nursing, law enforcement, and business, and more than 90% of graduates are working within two years. Chillicothe is one of five campuses for the university, which has been ranked #1 in the state for online education.
– 40-year net present value: $951,000- 10-year net present value: $192,000- Graduation rate: 29%- Median debt: $13,000
Broadcasting, liberal arts, and nursing are among the popular programs of study at this campus, located just over 50 miles from Columbus. Both associate and certificate programs are available to students looking to quickly complete their education.
– 40-year net present value: $952,000- 10-year net present value: $193,000- Graduation rate: 19%- Median debt: $13,000
Southern is one of the smaller campuses in the Ohio University system. Students talk about getting value for their money at this school, which offers popular programs including nursing and business.
Also Check: Suing A Nursing Home For Wrongful Death
Great Oaks Career Campuses
As a trade school, Great Oaks is primarily designed to be a fast-concentration training program for movement into a starting career path. In that regard, the school provides a single nursing degree certificate program for either practical nursing or a nursing assistant role. Generally, Great Oaks graduates close to 25 students annually in its nursing program, all certificate awardees. Great Oaks has a 100% acceptance rate of new applications.
- Cost per year $19,086
- Degree Types Certificate in Practical Nursing, Nursing Assistant Certificate
Valley Forge Military College
– 40-year net present value: $977,000- 10-year net present value: $103,000- Graduation rate: 27%- Median debt: $11,500
Students start early at Valley Forge, a college-prep boarding school and junior college focused on not only academics and athletics, but also leadership and character development. One of the options is a dual enrollment program that allows students to complete high school and college courses. The school is only open to boys.
Don’t Miss: Registered Nurse Programs In Texas
Thaddeus Stevens College Of Technology
– 40-year net present value: $1,057,000- 10-year net present value: $203,000- Graduation rate: 64%- Median debt: $6,500
Niche named this college the #1 community college in Pennsylvania. The focus of the school is preparing students for in-demand careers, including electrical technology and computer systems technician. In 2020, the school was awarded $50,000 for its successes in bringing STEM education to diverse populations: Half will go to program development and the other half to scholarships.
State Technical College Of Missouri
– 40-year net present value: $960,000- 10-year net present value: $212,000- Graduation rate: 68%- Median debt: $8,750
Construction, automotive mechanics, and electrical engineering are three popular areas of study for students at State Technical College of Missouri. Transportation and utilities technology are two other options. After graduation, 95% of students find employment.
– 40-year net present value: $962,000- 10-year net present value: $204,000- Graduation rate: 24%- Median debt: $5,250
Public health is a popular transfer program at Skyline College, and one likely to pay off, given current trends. Students with a household income below $30,000 usually attend for free after financial aid is awarded.
Recommended Reading: Indiana Wesleyan University Accelerated Nursing Program
San Diego Miramar College
– 40-year net present value: $908,000- 10-year net present value: $171,000- Graduation rate: 40%- Median debt: $3,500
Students planning a career in health and fitness might want to look at San Diego Miramar College: The school has one of the top exercise science programs in the area, according to Universities.com. Public safety is another area where they have several study options.
Galen College Of Nursing Cincinnati
For the size of Galen College, this nursing school puts out a large number of graduates with over 160 degrees generated annually. The school only provides basic associate and bachelors nursing degree paths, but it remains popular as a training choice. Both degrees are part of one comprehensive nursing degree program. Galen is also very easy to get enrolled into and has a 100% acceptance rate.
- Cost per year $26,666
- Degree Types Associates Degree in Nursing, Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Don’t Miss: Can A Nurse Practitioner Do A Pap Smear
Bucks County Community College
– 40-year net present value: $901,000- 10-year net present value: $178,000- Graduation rate: 18%- Median debt: $6,000
Beyond associates degrees and certificates, this college offers free workforce development courses, including metalwork, industrial maintenance, and QuickBooks to county residents. Other community resources include an Artmobile and online camps for kids of all ages.
– 40-year net present value: $902,000- 10-year net present value: $143,000- Graduation rate: 62%- Median debt: $14,570
Health specialties are a major focus at this school, which also offers courses in areas ranging from culinary to funeral science. Program options range from certificates to bachelors degrees, and courses are available at four different campuses across New Jersey.
– 40-year net present value: $904,000- 10-year net present value: $190,000- Graduation rate: 22%- Median debt: $4,750
Nursing and EMT programs are popular at this community college, along with liberal arts. The school is ranked as one of the more-liberal colleges in the country. Associate degrees and certificates are available for a broad array of majors. Transferring from Arapahoe is easy, since the school has agreements with more than 30 four-year programs.
– 40-year net present value: $905,000- 10-year net present value: $176,000- Graduation rate: 39%- Median debt: $7,000
Inver Hills Community College
– 40-year net present value: $967,000- 10-year net present value: $189,000- Graduation rate: 22%- Median debt: $8,155
Real-life experience can count as college credit at this school via their ASAP program. Inver Hills also has programs to help people who have barriers to attending, including need for child care or a criminal record. Students can earn an associate degree, or complete a Transfer Pathway or Minnesota Transfer Curriculum program that will transfer credits toward a bachelors degree.
You may also like: Best value colleges in America
Don’t Miss: Nursing Homes In Chester County Pa
Provisional Acceptance To The Rn Bsn Program
Applicants with a cumulative GPA of 2.0-2.49 for all pre-licensure coursework may be accepted provisionally and permitted to enroll. The requirements are:
- Register and complete nine credit hours of coursework from the upper division curriculum with an average GPA of 2.5 or above to be eligible for final acceptance to the BSN program.
- Academic probation, as described in the Academic Standards and Regulations policy, is not an option for provisional students for the BSN upper division program.
- Applicants who do not pass a course or who do not achieve a 2.5 GPA for the nine credit hours will be denied acceptance to the program.
GSC Graduates who wish to enter the BSN program the semester following graduation but have not yet taken the NCLEX-RN licensing examination may be admitted to the BSN program provisionally but must acquire RN licensure to progress into the nursing courses.
See the Admissions Standards and Regulations Policy for more information.
The University Of Cincinnati
With its main campus located in the city its named after, the University of Cincinnati offers one of the largest selections of programs with 20 different nursing degree paths. It is one of the few public universities in the region with such a sizable stable of training programs and nursing degrees. No surprise, the university has a solid population of over 1,100 students enrolled at any given time, including students in 28 certificate programs as well. Notably, the University of Cincinnati was the first nursing school in the country when it was first established. Located close to the downtown core, the university sits in very close proximity to major health institutions and businesses in the region. Even with all its offerings, the university has a high acceptance rate of 76% for new applications to the school.
Minimum Requirements For Nursing Admission
- High School GPA or Cumulative College GPA of 2.5 or higher or successfully completed GED with minimum scores of 2250 and 410 in each section.
- Minimum official ACT score of 17 or SAT score of 1340 , 990 . GSCs school code for the ACT is 3375 and our SAT code is 1259. Waived if out of high school < 2 years.
- Minimum Test of Essential Academic Skills composite score of 58.7
Mount Saint Joseph University
While the school has some sizable competition, Mount St. Joseph continues to operate and succeed with a private school approach, small student body and straightforward design to nursing school education delivery. With only 180 students in 2015, St. Joseph put out a robust class of nursing graduates earning over 100 masters degrees, 60 bachelors degrees and 13 Ph.D. candidate completions in one year. The small size works in the schools favor, providing an ability to deliver direct attention to every student. The schools acceptance rate is a liberal 73% of all applications received.
- Cost per year $18,625
- Private or Public Private
- Degree Types Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Direct Entry MSN, Doctor of Nursing Practice, Master of Science in Nursing, RN-to-BSN Degree Completion, RN-to-MSN Degree Completion