New Advanced Na And Medication Assistant Courses
If you have had one year of full-time employment or two-years of part-time employment in direct patient care within the last five years and want to obtain your CNA or LNA, GateWay has the course for you. The new Advanced Placement Nurse Assistant course will have starts in Fall 2021. This is a two-credit class that will prepare those with experience to sit for the Certified Nurse Assistant examination.
For information, contact Kristen Woods, Nursing Assistant Coordinator, at or PK Felix, Nursing Advisor, at , .
Separately, if you are interested in expanding your skills as a Certified Nursing Assistant, the new Medication Assistant program is for you! During this fast-paced four credit course, you will learn how to administer select medications in addition to the role and scope of the medication assistant. Learn about requirements for the Medication Assistant course here.
Pratt Community College Pratt Ks
This hybrid program at PCC is one of the best community college nursing programs. It allows students to work both online and in person and allows them to get their ADN degree if they already have an LPN. Students can take their classes online then come to campus for clinical courses.
- NCLEX-RN pass rates 60%
- 71 Total credit hours
- ACEN Accreditation
- Requirements are that students must be an LPN and finish all prerequisite courses with a minimum of a C average
- Tuition is $147 per credit hour plus a $60 nursing fee
Unusually Flexible Scheduling: Duquesne University
Its hard to find a more flexibly scheduled accelerated nursing program than the program at Duquesne University. Classroom instruction is entirely online, and sessions start three times a year. This Catholic university finds opportunities for its students to earn money while they are still in school, and offers generous discounts on tuition.
- Average Net Price to Students: $30,540
- Graduation Rate: 80%
- NCLEX Pass Rate: 90%
Don’t Miss: Why Do You Want To Be An Icu Nurse
If You Would Like To:
- Take care of people
- Promote health and well-being and prevent illness
- Teach others how to maintain or restore their health
- Accompany people and their families in the most critical moments of their lives: birth, major illness, death
- Problem solve and make decisions about healthcare Have the flexibility to work days or nights, weekdays or weekends
- Gain skills that are needed in every community
- Enjoy a career that offers many opportunities to try new things and keep learning
Then the Nursing Program could be for you.
Your meaningful career in nursing starts with a clinical placement during the first semester of the Nursing Program at Dawson College. Throughout the program, you will experience hands-on learning in Dawsons labs and high-tech simulation rooms and during weekly clinical placements. Students practise their skills on Dawsons high-fidelity mannequins that breathe and react to interventions. Clinicals and labs are taken as part of a small group . By graduation, students have trained in many different aspects of healthcare in acute-care hospitals, long-term CHSLDs, active rehabilitation centres and day care settings. The program culminates with an internship in the final semester, which often leads to a first job in nursing.
I chose to be a nurse because it is satisfying to contribute to the restoration of someones health. Wedcher R.
- To intervene with patients of all ages
Lawson State Community College
This program at Lawson State Community College- Birmingham Campus has one of the highest NCLEX-RN pass rates of the entire state of Alabama and gives students the chance to use state of the art equipment and techniques to get the best education possible.
- NCLEX-RN pass rate of 98%
- 72 Total credit hours
- Requirements vary depending on what classes you have taken when you apply to the program
- Tuition is $4,320 per year for in-state students and $7,770 for out-of-state students per year
Read Also: James L West Nursing Home
Best Community College Nursing Programs In 2020
Nursing is a fantastic career that not many people are cut out for. Those that are cut out for it have the ability and the opportunity to change the lives of those that they help each and every day. Starting out with one of the many community college nursing programs may be right for you.
There are some distinct advantages to becoming a nurse, the first is, of course, being able to help people. You also have a very good job outlook with nurses being one of the most sought-after professionals in the United States.
Two-year nurses are able to earn around $40,000 per year depending on where they are located. For those that want a nursing degree but arent sure if they want a four-year or higher degree, a two-year RN degree is a fantastic place to start. Students can also get an ADN degree as well as a nursing certification. Note that there is a difference between an LPN certification and a nursing associate degree.
Fayetteville Technical Community College Fayetteville Nc
FTCC offers an associate nursing degree program that allows students the chance to either start fresh or to bring in their current nursing classes. This is an ADN program.
- NCLEX-RN pass rate of %100
- Total credit hours depend on how many credits you bring to the program upon admission
- Accreditation by the ACEN
- Admission requirements are that students must complete all prerequisite courses before they can be accepted into the program
- Tuition is $8,142 per year
Don’t Miss: Accelerated Nursing Programs In Charleston Sc
Calhoun Community College Decatur Al
This program at Calhoun Community College is an LPN program as well as a bridge to RN program.
- NCLEX-RN pass rate of 90%
- Total Credit Hours depend on the program chosen
- Accreditation by the CCNE
- Admission requirements vary but all students must complete prerequisite courses
- Tuition is $4,320 for in-state students per year and $7,770 for out-of-state students
Bluegrass Community And Technical College Lexington Ky
Students at Bluegrass Community and Technical College have access to the newest equipment and methods and are able to attain their degree quickly. They offer both a straight program as well as a bridge program for those that are already LPNs.
- NCLEX-RN pass rate of 92%
- Total credit hours vary depending on the program
- ACEN accreditation
- Requirements are that students must finish the prerequisite courses
- Tuition is $3,704 per year for in-state students and $12,536 for out-of-state students
Also Check: Introduction To Nursing Online Course
Earn Your Nursing Degree
To become a registered nurse, you need either an associate’s or bachelors degree. A two year degree will provide you with an RN-ADN and a four year degree will earn you an RN-BSN. Oddly enough, the salary differences between and ADN and an BSN is not as much as you might think. The advantage of a BSN is to earn an advanced degree as an MSN, NP or DNP. Keep in mind that New York passed a law that require all new ADN holder to earn their BSN within ten years.
- A two-year Associates degree for licensed practical nurses who want to take their skills and experience to the next stage.
- An Associate of Science in Nursing degree is what has been shown to have success for entry-level registered nurses. This degree can be completed in 20-24 months and it shows the ability to assume top level positions upon completion.
- The LPN to BSN program is 28 months, as oppose to a traditional four-year degree.
- A Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree is typically earned in 3 years or less, but you may finish sooner thanks to transfer credits and your prior life experience. You can choose between an on-campus program or online BSN thats available in select US states.
- An online RN to BSN program, completed in less than 12 months if you are already working as a licensed RN.
- An accelerated nursing school that can be completed in as little as 20 months if you already have a non-nursing degree from an accredited university.
Owens Community College Perrysburg Oh
This is a two-year program that is on the Owens Community College campus and thats great for students just out of high school that want their nursing certification.
- NCLEX-RN pass rate of 93%
- Total credit hours vary
- Requirements are that students must finish prerequisite courses
- Tuition is $4,233 for in-state students for a year and $8,236 for out-of-state students
Don’t Miss: Illinois Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer
Upon Acceptance Into The Nursing Program You Will Need:
- Current CPR card – Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider issued by the American Heart Association .
- Completed Health Record with required documentation of annual TB and Flu shot or declination, and evidence of immunity to Varicella or chickenpox, Tdap, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Hepatitis B or declination, and COVID-19 vaccine or approved medical or religious declination.
- Drug Screening and Criminal Background Check, including but not limited to a 7-year county of residence and nationwide criminal history check, national sexual predator screening, Social Security check, and Medicare/Medicaid fraud screening.
Kauai Community College Lihue Hi
This program at Kauai Community College is built around the career ladder form that allows students to move from one degree to another to advance their career.
- NCLEX-RN pass rate 83%
- Total Credit Hours depend on where you are when you are admitted to the program
- Accreditation by the ACEN
- Admission requirements vary but students must have a c average or higher, complete the admission test, and take the time to fill out the application and go through the interview process
- Tuition is $2,988 per year for in-state students and $7,980 for out-of-state students
Don’t Miss: Lincoln Hills Nursing Home New Albany
Bevill State Community College Jasper Al
Students can take two paths with this program as either straight entrance students that start with nothing or students that are already LPNs using it as a bridge program. The full program at Bevill State Community College gets students a two year RN certification.
- NCLEX-RN pass rate of 97%
- Total credit hours depends on what you enter the program with
- CCNE Accreditation
- Requirements students must be LPNs with 2.5 GPA, etc.
- Tuition is $4,198 per year for in-state students and $7,398 per year for out-of-state students
Understand Nursing Levels And Specializations
Nursing degrees are offered from non-degree CNA through Doctorate Degree designation. With over 100 nursing specializations from Holistic Nurse and Flight Nurse to Emergency Room and Oncology Nurse. There is a specialization for almost any passion or interest. Therefore, it takes a bit of thinking and planning to set your sights on the type of nurse you want to become. You can get started as CNA with as little as 160 hours of training in New York.
Recommended Reading: Illinois Nursing Schools On Probation
Cayuga County Community College Auburn Ny
Cayuga County Community College offers a simple two-year program that offers students the chance to get their associate in nursing degree. They offer transfer options for those that already have courses from either their LPN certification or from other universities.
- NCLEX-RN pass rate 98%
- Requirements must be a high school graduate or have a GED and must have prerequisite classes
- Tuition is $4,742 for a year for in-state students and $9,068 for out-of-state students
Rn Nursing Program Tracks
TCC Nursing is one program with two tracks, the Traditional Track and the Career Mobility Track. The Traditional Track of the Nursing Program is designed for incoming students without a nursing background. The Traditional Track admits a new class each spring semester and fall semester. In addition to the prerequisite courses, you are required to have a current Oklahoma Nurse Aide certification . After completing the required prerequisite courses, the traditional track is designed to be completed in four semesters.
The Career Mobility Track of the Nursing Program is designed to accommodate current medical professionals certified as a Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Paramedic. After completion of the prerequisite courses, the Career Mobility Track is designed to be completed in 3 semesters. The Career Mobility Track admits a new class each spring semester with classes on Fridays/Saturdays, each fall semester with classes on Wednesdays/Thursdays, and each summer with classes on Fridays/Saturdays.
This program requires a separate application process. Selection is competitive as we have a limited number of spots. You must apply to TCC before applying to the program. The application period for spring admission is May 1 – September 1. The application period for the fall admission is January 1 – April 1. The application period for the Career Mobility summer admission is January 1 March 1.
You May Like: Nurses Quitting Over Vaccine Mandate
Rn Licensure By Endorsement
Candidates who are licensed in one of the other fifty states will be able to gain licensure in New York by endorsement. In addition to meeting standard coursework, candidates will also need an education or training in child abuse and infection control. Out of state nurses will need to do additional training and there are some distance-learning providers among approved providers.
What Else You Should Know
- Once admitted to the program, students must:
- complete the O.I.I.Q. nursing student registration application
- have a clean criminal record check
- provide proof of a complete immunization record
- Dawson offers an internship in the final semester. It is 24-32 hours per week and students are paid up to $2,500 for the semester.
- Dawson partners with the community of Kahnawake for clinical placements and the College is working to add more clinical placements in remote Indigenous communities
- There is an opportunity to go on a day trip to visit facilities in the Eastern Townships that are recruiting English-speaking nurses
- After completing the DEC in Nursing, graduates must write the license exam given by the Ordre des infirmières et infirmiers du Québec
- Graduates must show proof of French proficiency
Recommended Reading: How Hard Is It To Get Into Marquette Nursing
Best Ranked Nursing Schools In New York
To help nursing students in their search for a top RN program, the education experts at RNCareers.org publish their annual findings of the best nursing schools for both New York and the country. Nursing Schools ranked on our list have proven their ability to educate highly competent nurses.
To create our rankings, we evaluated 57 ADN degree programs and 38 BSN degree programs in New York. We obtained each institutions first-time NCLEX-RN passing rates, the number of students taking the test, the program nursing accreditation and more. We then compared the results against other nursing schools in New York to provide our state rankings. View our methodology.
Technical Standards For Admission Progression And Graduation
The goal of the Health and Public Services Division is to prepare every student to think critically and practice competently and compassionately in rapidly changing environments. All efforts are designed to build knowledge, enhance practical skills, and promote patient and the populations safety. Furthermore, the program is designed to foster professional integrity and ultimately improve the health outcomes and protection of patients, families, and communities across the continuum of care and practice. Students must possess certain functional abilities, essential for the delivery of safe, effective clinical care and protection of the public during clinical and internship training activities in the field. Therefore, the faculty has determined that certain technical standards are required for admission to, progression in, and graduation from the Health and Public Services programs.
In addition to classroom learning, clinical and internship learning occurs throughout the HPS programs and involves considerations that are not present in classroom accommodations. Applicants or students interested in HPS programs who seek accommodations prior to or immediately after enrolling in the college are highly encouraged to also request an assessment of the types of reasonable accommodations needed for the clinical and or internship components of the program.
You May Like: Lincoln Tech Nursing Program Cost
Nursing Jobs And Salaries
Depending on your certification, nursing careers may include fields like:
- Acute care
- Long-term care institutions
Licensed nurses may also serve as practitioners, educators and managers in the health field. Nurses also have options in the travel & tourism industry, as travel nurses are often in high demand.
Salaries in the field increase with experience. Registered nurses can expect starting salaries from $45,000 to $50,000 per year, and those that have a specialty like critical care, could start at $60,000 or more. Practical nurses have lower starting salaries, at around $43,000 per year.
Pass And Completion Rates
National Council Licensing Examination Pass Rates:2018 – 93.0%
Program Completion Rates:
2019 – 81%
Macomb Nursing graduates successfully completed the National Council Licensing Examination at an average pass rate of 92.3% over the past three years. Additionally, 84% of the nursing students complete the program within a three-year time frame, and 95% are employed within six months of graduation. Of those employed, 98% work in an acute care environment providing direct patient nursing care.
Don’t Miss: Nurse Practitioner Programs In Colorado
Pitt Community College Winterville Nc
Pitt Community College offers a competitive nursing degree that is a two-year degree. They do not have a bridge program and do not allow re-entry to the program after the student has left. If you are going to take this program, it is advised that you have no other commitments.
- NCLEX-RN pass rate 90%
- Admission Requirements vary and students should check the site for the most up to date requirements
- Tuition is $2,704 per year for in-state students and $7,312 for out-of-state students
Nursing Colleges In Canada: Degree Types And Specializations
Nursing colleges in Canada offer around 140 courses in different degree levels and different specializations. At the bachelor level, Bachelor in Science in Nursing and Bachelor in Science degree is offered.
At the graduate level, Master in Science in Nursing , Master in Applied Science in Nursing and graduate certificate and graduate diploma degrees are offered. A Ph.D. in Nursing is offered after completion of the doctorate program. There are various specializations international students can choose from according to their interests.
Here are some of the specializations:
- Family Nurse Practitioner
Don’t Miss: Master Of Nursing In Australia